Hi Babes! We have had some people reach out asking how we manage our time and schedules, and so we decided to address this topic with all our followers! Time management is so important when it comes to being able to handle the curve balls life throw at us. Sometimes life slows down a bit and managing your work life/ academic life, social life, spiritual life, personal life, etc. can be easy. Usually, however, life tends to be busy and hits you all at once. This craziness can cause stress and anxiety, which is so unhealthy for your body both physically and mentally.
So how do you handle managing stress and anxiety when it comes to a busy schedule? Well we are here to provide some advice regarding some tips, tricks, and ideas on how to manage your time and keep your schedule as organized and clear as possible. Keep in mind that everyone is different, and some things that work for us may not work for you! It’s all about finding balance and what works best for the type of personality you have.
Time Management/ Scheduling Tips:
- Begin your day early and with a positive attitude and outlook. Wake up when the world is a little quieter, get a head start on your assignments and tasks for the day. You will feel less stressed and more productive when you have more time each day to get things done. This will leave you with personal time at the end of the day to do things for yourself.
- Create a list of things you need to get done the night before, so that when you wake up you will already have your tasks written out and you are ready to accomplish/ conquer the day.
- Know when you need a break. Don’t be afraid to take some time to breathe throughout the day, but make sure your breaks are in 5-10-15-30 minute increments. That way you stay on task!
- Look ahead. Invest in a planner, and be committed to writing down events, tasks, meetings, tests/ quizzes, dates, parties, trips, travel days, and any short term/ long term commitments. This will help you feel more in control of your life and less stressed when everything is written down on paper.
- Invest in a small personal planner that you can carry around and pencil in assignments/ tasks as you get them throughout the day/week! This allows you to have more of a day by day or week by week view of your schedule!
- Invest in a large monthly desk calendar where you can compile all your major tasks/ events/ assignments for that month. This allows you to have a big picture view of your schedule.
- Keep your distractions to a minimum. Put your phone on do not disturb, schedule out times when you will spend time attending to personal matters/ social media.
- Establish a routine. Creating good habits is key. Wake up around the same time every day, eat a healthy breakfast, stay committed to your planner/ schedule, and stay motivated.
- Say NO to procrastination. It can be easy to procrastinate when it seems like you have a lot of time to get things done. Instead of waiting until the last minute and putting things off, try and establish some small deadlines for yourself so that you can get things done 3 or 4 days in advance. That way you can spend one or two of those days taking a break from the task or assignment, and the last one or two days you can spend editing or critiquing your work with a fresh pair of eyes.
These are just a few of the tips, tricks, and ideas we would like to share with you all when it comes to time management and organizing your schedule! Some of these may work for you and some may not! Either way we hope that one or two of these things may help you time manage your own life much more efficiently and successfully.
Also, we are sharing below some of our favorite brands when it comes to purchasing planners/ calendars/ and organizational tools! These are our favorite brands/ places to shop at for everything when it comes to pens, planners, calendars, ect!
- Paper Source: https://www.papersource.com/personalized_gifts/custom-planners.html
- Kate Spade: https://www.katespade.com/home/desk-stationery/view-all/
- Anthropologie: https://www.anthropologie.com/books-stationary-calendars-planners
- The Container Store: https://www.containerstore.com/s/office/notebooks-planners/1
For Organizational Pens/ Highlighters:
- Color Technik Glitter Gel Pens: https://www.amazon.com/Color-Technik-Glitter-Amazing-Sparkling/dp/B0190DAES0
- G2 Retractable Gel Ink Rolling Ball: http://pilotpen.us/brands/g2/g2/
- Pentel® R.S.V.P. Ballpoint Stick Pen, Black Ink, 0.7 mm Fine Point, 24 per Pack: https://www.target.com/p/pentel-174-r-s-v-p-ballpoint-stick-pen-black-ink-0-7-mm-fine-point-24-per-pack/-/A-17081488
- Sharpie Pen Fine: http://www.sharpie.com/en-US/sharpie-pen—fine-point-sp-00050–1?cm_cr=No+Campaign-_-Web+Activity-_-PDP_YOU_MAY_ALSO_LIKE_WA-_-PDP_SLOT9_YOUMAYALSOLIKE_ESPOT-_-Sharpie+Pen+-+Fine+Point-productImageLink
- Sharpie® Accent® Tank Highlighters, Chisel Tip, Assorted Colors, 6/pk (25076): https://www.staples.com/Sharpie-reg-Accent-reg-Tank-Highlighters-Chisel-Tip-Assorted-Colors-6-pk-25076-/product_224303
If you all have any questions or need help when it comes to organization and time managing, please feel free to direct message us or reach out! We would love to chat with you! PS: to everyone asking… this planner is no longer on kate spade’s website but the link above gets you to some of their current styles and prints!! sorry about that guys!!
Leave a Reply