Hey guys! So this week has been crazy as in my last week of nursing school! AKA: I have had so many projects, presentations, and finals but Its finally coming to a close(I will FINALLY… More
Hi friends! Rachael happy & here & excited to share some time and love with you all! I wanted to reach out and say hello and talk with you guys about dealing with anxiety and stress! I know for me, with jobs, school, and the craziness of this last semester I tend to get bombarded by negative energy… So what do I do?! How do I keep in check.
SPOILER ALERT : I DON’T ALWAYS keep it in check :(… I have bad days and you know what? that’s OK. Its okay to have bad days. I just make sure to keep it to that day and not let it completely ruin my week … or spread into other areas of my life ( which can be a lot harder said than done, but its a work in progress).
Little pre note: I have always been a worrier/ anxiety has always been a nasty little monster in my life. Learning to live with these feelings regardless of if they happen to be anxiety or stress( it could depression or even phobias of certain things) I know life is too short to let those feelings own the way I live life. I want to be control of my day. I don’t want certain feelings dictating my daily routine or running my life.
Not everyone is the same, so the way I tackle stress may not work for you( I would love to hear some ways you all deal with overwhelming feelings of any kind; I love finding new methods and strategies) but I wanted to use this space to express this part of my life.
I have found that there is so much power in staying ahead of these feelings and acknowledging them right when you feel them coming on. I like to think of those feelings as balls of energy. So the less energy I supply to them the quicker they will fade, and die out. Soooo, when i start feeling nervous or anxious i acknowledge the feeling and then put my energy toward something positive likeeee, how pretty the day is or how blessed I am to have a loving family. It could be anything friends, like the bomb lipstick color you’re rocking that day, or wearing your favorite pair of shoes! It’s really easy to let the negative energy grow and fester if you let it… but good news is WE HAVE THE POWER. We can literally control these thoughts and get rid of them for good!
By no means is it easy so I like to do other things too to lift my spirits! I like to light candles at night, use essential oils like lavender, rose, or thyme. I like to go on walks after dinner and I love keeping my schedule organized ( i find this keep my mind from running wild when its time to sleep!)…. Have that extra cup of coffee, or go bake something for a friend… My point is, find things you like to do, or things that make you happy and do them more often for yourself, YOU deserve it.
Lastly, I wanted to leave you all with a little something my boyfriend has been reminding me as of lately “Rachael, if it’s not gonna stress you out in a year,” he says,” you shouldn’t let it stress you at all, life’s too short<3″… hate when he’s right.
SO GO BE HAPPY LOVELY people!
Hi babes! Hope everyone is doing well and having a great labor day weekend! Its been a crazy couple of days with the hurricane hitting us here in Houston, TX. Luckily, our house was not flooded and we didn’t suffer any major damages. We are truly blessed. Although there is so much devastation and loss, it has been incredible to see the people of Texas come together to support each other during this crisis. I have been thinking of ways to give back and will keep you all posted…looking for some ideas if anyone has a certain charity or donation recommendation please share below. I really want to find a way to give back and help the community in any way possible. I am also looking into volunteer options and such as another way to offer assistance. I know a lot of people need help with cleaning their homes and what not, and maybe even babysitting kids while mom and dad run errands and clean. Also, we cold set up a donation page of a sort if you all would be interested in that. If anyone needs anything, please do not hesitate to reach out. We love our followers and think of you all like family, so if anyone is in need of something please direct message us on our Instagram page @Healthy.Living.Inspiration, or email us via the link in our bio. Even if it is just to chat to take your mind off of things, we are here for you. I am really happy to see so many people in the community coming up with ways to give back, and help out families in need. Really proud to be a Texan, and I hope the rest of the country is learning the valuable lesson of love and compassion though the brave acts of my fellow Texans. No race, no religion, just love. This is who America is. #TexasStrong
On another note, I wanted to share a little outfit inspo with you all. We have gotten so many messages about our blue jean selections. I have to say for us, finding the perfect pair of blue jeans is NEVER easy. Our favorite fits usually come from, Brandy Melville, Abercrombie and Fitch ( I know that’s kind of odd, but their jeans fit our body type really well), urban outfitters occasionally, (but sometimes their stuff tends to be a little long for us), and the Loft ( have to shop petite here). To be honest, its all about finding a pair of jeans that fits your body type, and makes you feel comfortable and beautiful. There are so many brands out there that we haven’t tried, so you never know what you may find. We will keep you guys posted on new brands that we try out and love!
In this outfit Jessie is wearing a pair of Brandy Melville boyfriend jeans, a white off the shoulder blouse from forever 21, and a pair of Gianni Bini heels ( got these on sale at Dillard’s for 27$..serioulsy such a deal). The earrings are vintage from a little hole in the wall boutique, but you can definitely find similar ones at Anthropologie or Urban Outfitters. We will also be sharing this makeup look with you guys soon so stay tuned…featuring some new Lancôme products that have become a part of our essential makeup bag items. Sending lots of love you all, and thank you for tuning in and supporting us..it means the world.
Here are some links to some cute items that you can get to replicate this look! (Ps. none of this is sponsored, just stuff we have found that we like and want to share with you guys.)
1.Brandy Melville Jeans: https://www.brandymelvilleusa.com/millie-denim-pants.html
2. Forever 21 White Blouse( this is the exact one we bought): https://www.forever21.com/us/shop/catalog/Product/F21/branded-shop/2000081340
3. Shoes from Macy’s( ONLY 24$ and so cute!): https://www.macys.com/shop/product/call-it-spring-gwydda-classic-pointed-pumps?ID=4480111&pla_country=US
Jessie and Rachael
Hi babes! So happy to be writing to you all again. This summer has been super busy! lots of things going on and my externship as a nurse extern really kept me busy! I wanted to share with you all some of the things I learned from my time at the hospital… it really was an amazing experience and I am super grateful to have had the opportunity to grow and learn this summer from some amazing colleagues and patients…. anyways,, I hope that you all who choose to read this find some helpful advice, or possibly a new perspective on life, or heck… maybe just a nice little read on this Tuesday night:)
- LIFE is precious. So many people take health for granted… just being able to walk down the street, or speak, or breath with out help. I spent everyday with people pretty sick, sad even. For example, walking down the hall 50 ft and back to their room was like GOLDEN. literally, we would celebrate as staff( so fun) SO whats the point??—>YOU MATTER, and you are here for a reason, appreciate the body you have, the good health you are blessed with, and the love and support that surround you.
- Family and Friends are treasures. I think one of the saddest parts of being at the hospital was taking care of patients that didn’t have family or friends the entire time they were there. We all see family and friends as normal parts of our lives… but I am here to remind you they are TREASURES.
- Kindness and hard work don’t go unnoticed. Not going to lie to you all, nursing is freaking hard work. I got there at 6:15 every morning and didnt leave until after 7 pm. I cleaned and walked patients, charted, learned, did skills(IVs, foleys, ect) the list is endless really and it is exhausting. Then there is the emotional part working with patients… supporting, and encouraging, and acknowledging each and every person you take care of including family and friends of the patient. I remember one day, specifically I was so busy, run ragged actually… and a nurse co worker came up and told me a family had told her how much they appreciated all I did for them… WOW. I didn’t even think this particular family even took notice in me. Moral of the story, always work hard: go the extra mile, and always be kind because it makes a difference.
- Life isn’t always fair, so BE THANKFUL for the one you have. The reality is life is messy, unfair, unjust, downright cruel to some… honestly life sucks sometimes. I was truly humbled by what I saw, the people I met, the stories, the work I did. I love that nursing is a service. I love being there by people through a tough time in their journey… to help support them and see them to a better state of health, and mind. It just makes you so very thankful for all you have. Your education, your mental well being, your being in this world. I found myself waking up felling so deeply grateful for, seriously, just waking up and having a warm breakfast to eat:)) and it changed my attitude about living… about myself…. Be thankful friends. It will change your life.
- Attitude matters. Yes healthcare is serious. Being a nurse is serious. Life can be serious. But don’t forget to bring happiness along with you through whatever door you’re entering.. whether that be the door into a new job, a classroom, or a patient’s room. BE happy. CHOOSE happiness friends. I promise it will make your day more lovely, and even more importantly make the world a tad lovelier too….
PS: this is the only picture I had of me in my scrubs haha… and it was my first day!
Well those 5 things are not nearly all I learned, but some of the important things I did take away from my summer of growing. I really encourage all you nursing majors out there to try and get an externship or tech job of some sort. Not only does it help get you used to how units operate and transition into being an RN, but it teaches you the importance of teamwork. Everyone on the floor matters… the kitchen staff, the housekeeping, the techs, the transporters. Understand their part, understand the need for every level of employee to the success of the day.
And for all of you reading this that aren’t in the healthcare profession, I hope you can take these little blooms( <– what i call my revelations//lessons//pieces of knowledge i pick up along the way of living hehe) and store them away and let them flourish and make your life beautiful.
Hi friends! Jessie here. Just wanted to say hello and give you all a little life update after a busy couple of months! All in the past 4 months I have accepted my first big girl job offer, graduated college, and moved back to Houston to begin the next chapter of my life. I officially start my first day at international design firm, PGAL, on June 12th of 2017, and I am so excited, nervous, a bit scared, but so ready to begin this next chapter. It seems like it was just yesterday I was packing my bags, and moving to Fort Worth, Texas to begin my college journey at TCU. Graduating in May was so surreal and bittersweet, and it was everything I thought it was going to be and more. My family made the day so special, and my best friend Erin even made it up to Fort Worth to celebrate with me! Also, my boyfriend was able to attend which was so nice, because he was super busy finishing up his semester at OU. He is the coolest. The entire weekend was so fun, I got to present my Senior Thesis Project at our Interior Design Senior Exhibition which was so rewarding. We went to Blue Sushi that evening for dinner and drinks, which was so fun. The next day everyone attended the Graduation ceremony and I received my degree of a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design, Cum Laude. It was a crazy four years, but I am so grateful for all the memories and friends I have made along the way. I wouldn’t trade them for the world. The weekend was one for the books, and I feel so blessed I was able to attend such an esteemed University thanks to the support from my amazing and truly selfless parents. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them. I hope to make them proud as I begin my journey as an interior designer in the cooperate world.
Right now, I plan to gain experience in my field of work and taking in as much knowledge as I can while working for such a large firm. I will be working on a range of different types and sizes of projects, which will be great for developing myself as a designer. In the next couple years, I hope to take my exams and become a registered Interior Designer, as well as, receive my Certified Revit Professional certificate. I have several little milestones and goals I have set for myself, and I intend on doing both of those things in the near future. Eventually down the road, who knows, I have lots of big ideas and dreams…I can’t wait to see where life takes me.
Anyways, moving out of my apartment was sad, but I am happy to be back in Houston with my family and in a familiar environment. I will be living at home for the first 6 or so months, while Rach is finishing up nursing school in Fort Worth. We will begin to apartment hunt in the next couple of months, which we are so excited about! Hoping Rach ends up working in the Medical Center in downtown Houston, because we would be working about 20 minutes from each other! So, finding an apartment in the middle of our work places would be totally doable. I am going to miss her like crazy when we are apart, but am looking forward to all the new memories we will get to make next year in Houston (Crossing my fingers the Dallas hospitals don’t steal her away from me haha). But anyways, that is sort of the short term plan we have going for ourselves! I will live at home while Rach is still in Fort Worth, then once she is done we will move in the first of the year to our own apartment in the uptown Houston area. This way I can save some money up and get us all organized for our adventures in 2018!
The reality is, having to be a college student in search of a job and constantly worrying about grades and studying, put a serious time constraint on how much energy I could put in the blog. I know there were lots of times where it seemed like we kind of disappeared for a little bit, and that was because school work and job hunting was a serious priority that we had to put first. We really do appreciate all of those who stuck with us, and supported us even when things on the blog got a bit slow. However, Post-Grad life means that I will be able to dedicate much more of my time and energy to the blog and developing more content for you all. I am so excited to begin taking the blog to the next level, and like we have said before we have so many plans, ideas, and dreams for our blog and really hope to make it a full-time job one day. We truly do believe in our blog and want to reach out and help as many people as possible. Rach will still be adding content while she finishes up school, but also will be able to dedicate more time when she graduates which she is super excited about.
Hi Babes! We have had some people reach out asking how we manage our time and schedules, and so we decided to address this topic with all our followers! Time management is so important when it comes to being able to handle the curve balls life throw at us. Sometimes life slows down a bit and managing your work life/ academic life, social life, spiritual life, personal life, etc. can be easy. Usually, however, life tends to be busy and hits you all at once. This craziness can cause stress and anxiety, which is so unhealthy for your body both physically and mentally.
So how do you handle managing stress and anxiety when it comes to a busy schedule? Well we are here to provide some advice regarding some tips, tricks, and ideas on how to manage your time and keep your schedule as organized and clear as possible. Keep in mind that everyone is different, and some things that work for us may not work for you! It’s all about finding balance and what works best for the type of personality you have.
- Begin your day early and with a positive attitude and outlook. Wake up when the world is a little quieter, get a head start on your assignments and tasks for the day. You will feel less stressed and more productive when you have more time each day to get things done. This will leave you with personal time at the end of the day to do things for yourself.
- Create a list of things you need to get done the night before, so that when you wake up you will already have your tasks written out and you are ready to accomplish/ conquer the day.
- Know when you need a break. Don’t be afraid to take some time to breathe throughout the day, but make sure your breaks are in 5-10-15-30 minute increments. That way you stay on task!
- Look ahead. Invest in a planner, and be committed to writing down events, tasks, meetings, tests/ quizzes, dates, parties, trips, travel days, and any short term/ long term commitments. This will help you feel more in control of your life and less stressed when everything is written down on paper.
- Invest in a small personal planner that you can carry around and pencil in assignments/ tasks as you get them throughout the day/week! This allows you to have more of a day by day or week by week view of your schedule!
- Invest in a large monthly desk calendar where you can compile all your major tasks/ events/ assignments for that month. This allows you to have a big picture view of your schedule.
- Keep your distractions to a minimum. Put your phone on do not disturb, schedule out times when you will spend time attending to personal matters/ social media.
- Establish a routine. Creating good habits is key. Wake up around the same time every day, eat a healthy breakfast, stay committed to your planner/ schedule, and stay motivated.
- Say NO to procrastination. It can be easy to procrastinate when it seems like you have a lot of time to get things done. Instead of waiting until the last minute and putting things off, try and establish some small deadlines for yourself so that you can get things done 3 or 4 days in advance. That way you can spend one or two of those days taking a break from the task or assignment, and the last one or two days you can spend editing or critiquing your work with a fresh pair of eyes.
These are just a few of the tips, tricks, and ideas we would like to share with you all when it comes to time management and organizing your schedule! Some of these may work for you and some may not! Either way we hope that one or two of these things may help you time manage your own life much more efficiently and successfully.
Also, we are sharing below some of our favorite brands when it comes to purchasing planners/ calendars/ and organizational tools! These are our favorite brands/ places to shop at for everything when it comes to pens, planners, calendars, ect!
- Paper Source: https://www.papersource.com/personalized_gifts/custom-planners.html
- Kate Spade: https://www.katespade.com/home/desk-stationery/view-all/
- Anthropologie: https://www.anthropologie.com/books-stationary-calendars-planners
- The Container Store: https://www.containerstore.com/s/office/notebooks-planners/1
For Organizational Pens/ Highlighters:
- Color Technik Glitter Gel Pens: https://www.amazon.com/Color-Technik-Glitter-Amazing-Sparkling/dp/B0190DAES0
- G2 Retractable Gel Ink Rolling Ball: http://pilotpen.us/brands/g2/g2/
- Pentel® R.S.V.P. Ballpoint Stick Pen, Black Ink, 0.7 mm Fine Point, 24 per Pack: https://www.target.com/p/pentel-174-r-s-v-p-ballpoint-stick-pen-black-ink-0-7-mm-fine-point-24-per-pack/-/A-17081488
- Sharpie Pen Fine: http://www.sharpie.com/en-US/sharpie-pen—fine-point-sp-00050–1?cm_cr=No+Campaign-_-Web+Activity-_-PDP_YOU_MAY_ALSO_LIKE_WA-_-PDP_SLOT9_YOUMAYALSOLIKE_ESPOT-_-Sharpie+Pen+-+Fine+Point-productImageLink
- Sharpie® Accent® Tank Highlighters, Chisel Tip, Assorted Colors, 6/pk (25076): https://www.staples.com/Sharpie-reg-Accent-reg-Tank-Highlighters-Chisel-Tip-Assorted-Colors-6-pk-25076-/product_224303
If you all have any questions or need help when it comes to organization and time managing, please feel free to direct message us or reach out! We would love to chat with you! PS: to everyone asking… this planner is no longer on kate spade’s website but the link above gets you to some of their current styles and prints!! sorry about that guys!!
Hi lovely people …we are super excited to share some of our favorite protein bars with you all. It’s hard to find good protein bars that had the right ingredients and taste good…. (we’ve had our fair share of both good and bad) SOOO. Below you guys can find a little list of our favs and a little description on why! Hope you all enjoy ! Happy protein bar snack’n babes
1. NugoBars…They taste real guys. Say goodbye to those icky protein tasting bars. They aren’t chewy or chalky.just plain Deliciousness. My favorite is the Nugo Dark: chocolate pretzel with sea salt … I’m not kidding probably have at least one a day! It’s vegan which is awesome by the way, as well as gluten free. So all you guys that need some delicious gluten free options hit up Nugo nutrition. So yum. They also have a vanilla yogurt that has 11 g of protein which we love with breakfast in the morning! They have some recent products that are Organic as well as NugoSlim! So CHECK THEM OUT. promise you will fall in loveeee.
2. Nocow Bar: No Cow Bar’s, by D’s Naturals are a new find and we are so obsessed with their texture and flavors! They have 21g of protein which is great for all of our fellow Vegan followers! They have only 4g net carbs and only 1g of sugar! That is so amazing.
The bars are dairy free, soy free, gluten free, Vegan, Non-GMO, and taste fantastic!! We especially love the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip flavor. We think it tastes great a room temperature, or feel free to melt it a bit in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds! It gives the bar that “soft warm straight out of the oven” texture that is literally to die for! The bar is even a great topping for your morning yogurt or just to have as a snack during the day when you need something a little sweet.
Other flavors include:
Lemon Meringue Pie
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Mint Cocao Chip
Dark Raspberry Truffle
Chocolate Banana Bread
Super loving this nutritious snack and they even are selling a healthy version of Nutella, which they call “Fluffbutter!” Check it out on their site: https://nocowrevolution.com/
No Cow – No Bull. No Whey!
This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work! Please upgrade today!
3: Lennie and Lerry’s cookies : so yum. We love putting these in our nana Ice creams. They are so good as a sweet treat! Dairy free, and 8 G protein in a serving you can’t go wrong. They have so many yummy flavors ! (The boyfriends even love, so you know they’re good haha)
4: Thunderbird: cashew, fig, carrot bar … this one is newer to the line up!… TOTAL WIN. All fresh ingredients… raw, vegan, no grain, and only 3 g of fat. Babes, this one is absolutely amazing. It’s a nice change up from the chocolate or super sweet option. It’s so natural tasting … I mean it has no added sugar it’s 100% real and a great option.
So there you have it ! Some of our top favorites. This post is NOT sponsored. These are genuinely bars we eat often and enjoy! Xo.
Hey friends! Jess and I are super excited to share some of our beauty routine with you all! We have found these certain products to do wonders for us, and hope you maybe consider giving them a try!
So during the summer months Jessie and I like to really nurture our skin and hair,, it gets busy during the semesters at university … and this part of our routine tends to go by the way side! ( definitely no good:() Anyyyways,, we love these products to help fix any damage hair, dry/oily skin, and any other issues we have coming off a super stressful year of school!
So this couplet of products is from Clinique ! The first smaller bottle is a moisturizing lotion, the second is the clarifying /drying lotion, and the third is the facial soap! Jessie and I like to use the facial soap to get rid of any bacteria or makeup in the shower! We then apply the drying lotion to any oily parts of our skin!… If you have oily skin this stuff works wonders! If you have dry skin ( like me during the summer, I tend to use the moisturizing lotion on my trouble spots!). I go back and forth between these products depending on whats going on with my skin! ( I tend to be more of a dry skin gal, but occasionally during the semester i can get oily ,, most likely due to stress and other factors!)
The second product I want to talk about is the Cocooil from urban outfitters. GUYS, this stuff is amazing,, it really moisturizes your hair and can give you that ocean wavy vibe hairstyle within minutes! Its actually amazing and Jessie and I recommend 10/10 ! Its more a recent product we purchased and started using, and it really is a life changer! I have placed the link below!! only 15$ guys!!!
Next, We have one of our favorite facial and body mists: Mario Badescu facial spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater. This has been a miracle worker in keeping our skin hydrated and healthy! Since using this product, both Jess and i have noticed a decrease in the amount of pimples especially during times of stress! This is one of those would recommend 10/10 products:)
The final and last product that has been such a helpful thing for us is the lip scrub by frankbody! This stuff works like a charm to get rid of dead skin on your lips ! I put on, and rub in about 5-7 min before i get in the shower! then once im in i just wash it off! I moisturize my lips after i get out of the shower with my EoS lip balm(favorite ever) and after a few days my lips feel amazing! Its annoying when you’re trying to apply flawless lip stick with dead skin on your lipsss(aghhh its the worst lol). Link below! Also the ingredients are super natural which we absolutely love!
Hope these help yall with your skin routine at home! We will go more in dept into our other methods of keeping our skin healthy! ( we may even go into how to reduce acne, and even how we deal with it when it comes along…. it always seems to at some point hehe!
Hope you all are having a lovely afternoon! XO,